Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ranch Pasta with Chicken and Bacon

My dad loves to ice fish. I mean LOVES it. During the cold Minnesota winter, he takes a lot of trips up north, or wherever the fish are biting, and brings his fish house up there for a few days. So he left for another trip yesterday but before he left I wanted to make something good. I wasn't really sure what. I was going to make up something but I kinda gave up so I found this. It is really easy and really really good!! Even my dad said it was good- he never says that! So enjoy and subscribe, comment, and share!! Merry (late) Christmas!!


Ranch Pasta with Chicken and Bacon

8-16 oz of Penne pasta (Penne holds the sauce the best but others will work)
1 T of butter
1 T flour
1-2 T Ranch dressing dry mix (the recipe said to but it can get overpowering)
2 cups milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped

Cook pasta according to directions and drain. Set aside.

Melt butter over medium heat in medium saucepan big enough to fit pasta (or use the same pot). Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Continue to cook until sauce thickens and stir occasionally. Stir in dressing mix and cheese and stir until cheese has melted and mixed with sauce. This will take awhile so be patient. Add in pasta, chicken, and bacon. Stir to mix and serve!!

Recipe from: Plain Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment