Monday, December 2, 2013

Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Has anyone else noticed an increases in gluten-free diets lately? I have. I recently have had a friend and a cousin go gluten-free and many students at my school. I made these cookies for a treat for the dance team because my friend, Katelyn, is on the team and I wanted to make something safe for her and the whole team devoured them! EVERYONE loved them-not just my friend! I am kind of glad that Katelyn went gluten-free- it has challenged me to expand my knowledge of gluten-free food! So, look for more gluten-free recipes on my blog! Also, very, very, very sorry for my month of no posts... School kinda prevented me from being able to do anything but now that I am done with my super hard classes I will be on here more so please subscribe to get my updates!! And happy (late) Thanksgiving!!


Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

1/2 cup vegetable oil
4oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled a bit
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups Gluten Free flour mix
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Mix oil, chocolate, sugar, and vanilla together. Mix in eggs one at a time. Sift together the flour,baking powder and salt. Stir into chocolate mixture.

Place in the refrigerator for at least a few hours- this helps the dough be less gooey while shaping it.

Shape into 2 in balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place the dough balls onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Push the balls down a little bit to help flatten. Bake at 350 F for about 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment